CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving is Here!


Funny how you can always wake up on Thanksgiving day, and something feels a little different. I guess that's because it has always been that way ever since I was little. Tradition falls in way of getting up, and heading over to my Aunt Jodie's as soon as we were dressed and cleaned up. When I think of Thanksgiving, it's etched into my head to think of Jodies house with all her pretty dishes, and decorations and "fun" things. She was always good at hosting "parties", and Thanksgiving I knew, was nothing less than a tame party for her. You could tell she enjoyed hosting, and providing us the best Thanksgivings ever. Her linens, dishes, centerpieces... it all matched exquisitely. I know I have little bits of her in me by the way I used to have my home, and decorations for every holiday. I never had the dishes like she did but that was simply a matter of affordability. I was convinced YEARS ago that I secretly wanted a "dish-room" just like she had. This year I'll be spending Thanksgiving with the ones I love the most. The ones that have truly been there for me through the last couple years. Probably the only ones left on the face of this planet that know me at all anymore. I'm grateful for their love, their sacrifices for me, and their patience. How lucky I am to have these people. Michael will be there, with our sweet Becca, and although Colt and Maggie will be absent, we'll carry on as if they are still there and all this really means for me is that there will be more "dixie salad" and "butter-tips" left for me. :) Happy Thanksgiving guys.... I may not have much, but what I have is ENOUGH.

0 comments: